Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Dirty Dash

Yesterday was the Dirty Dash Spokane 2011 - a 10K run and obstacle course. I was on a team with 7 other girls. We went through mud and up and down hills and I am proud to say I made it, although I'm a little sore the day after. I only have one picture of us before the race and I took a picture of my clothes after the race. None of the pictures I have so far show how dirty my face was. We were a muddy, mucky mess but it was great fun in spite of a few scrapes and bruises and a couple of blisters. Our team name was "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and we had an 80s theme going. We wore old clothes we didn't want to ruin but what you can't see in the photo is the 80s tube socks we all have that matched! Next year we will be more creative in our outfits and we also plan to wear knee pads. Those rocks we crawled on as we went through the big pipes were hard on our knees!



1 comment: